The Atlanta Police Department (APD) seeks Interns who possess the following values: Integrity, Honesty, Professionalism, and Dedication the opportunity to participate in our unique internship program. The participants of this program are not paid, however, by interning with the largest full-time police department in the Southeast, students will receive invaluable personal enrichment and valuable law enforcement work experience.
The Atlanta Police Department employs more than 2,400 personnel. Our civilian employees provide APD with critical job support in areas such as: accounting, budgeting, crime scene processing, data analysis, human resources, marketing, property and evidence management, public relations, and research and data analysis. This program provides a unique opportunity to those whom are currently enrolled as degree seeking students. Applicants will be considered for open internships and will attempted to be placed according to their academic field of study.
· At least 18 years of age
· Currently enrolled in College
· Internship must be a requirement for course completion/graduation
· Must pass a background check
· Be able to write clearly and concisely
· Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Be able to work under pressure
· Be computer literate and be able to perform research on the internet
· Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
Our goal with this program is to provide students with valuable work experience in the field of law enforcement that helps them translate their course learnings into real life work experiences. Our objective is to encourage students into a career in law enforcement while assisting the Atlanta Police Department in achieving its mission: “To reduce crime and promote the quality of life, in partnership with our community.”
· Be respectful of others
· Report on time to work assignments
· Actively engaged in any activities assigned
· Meet requested deadlines of activities assigned
While in a safe work environment, Interns can expect to be treated fairly, with respect and to have a positive work experience as they learn more about their specific field of concentration.
Please provide an updated resume with contact information no later than 3 months prior to your starting date to firstname.lastname@example.org
After your resume is received, our office will send a verification email along with documents that you will need to complete and return to us within one week. These documents include:
· Copy of Driver’s License or Identification
· Letter on your school’s letterhead stating internship is necessary for course completion/graduation
If you have any further questions regarding the Atlanta Police Department’s Internship Program, please e-mail email@example.com.