The Code Enforcement Section is responsible for the inspection and enforcement of residential and commercial properties that violate the Atlanta Housing Code, Graffiti Ordinance, and/or Commercial Maintenance and Industrial Code. Properties are inspected for violations such as:
- decayed/damaged leaking roofs,
- holes in flooring (both inside and out),
- broken window glass; flaking/peeling paint,
- units not supplied with water or adequate heat,
- rodent infestation or unsanitary conditions,
- overgrown, littered vacant lots,
- junk/inoperative vehicles,
- electrical hazards,
- open and vacant structures,
- dilapidated buildings, and
- numerous other deficiencies which render properties substandard, or unsafe to its occupants or the general public.
Registration can also be made in person at the Code Enforcement Section or via mail by downloading the following form and including a check or money order for the registration fee.
The information submitted on the application to the City of Atlanta is considered public information and may be used by the City of Atlanta in the interest of administering the permitting process.